PCSX2 + Core 2 Dou 2.20 GHZ + 533 MHZ RAM

The Rising Sun

Nothing much
Would a Core 2 Duo processor with an 800 MHZ FSB and 533 MHZ RAM be able to run Final Fantasy X, X-2, and X11 (12) ? , also would it be able to run Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Resident Evil 4 ? Could I use a 256 MB graphics card ?, what card would I need ?, I heard that Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts run at high frame rates automatically is this true ? What sound card would I need ?, I currently have integrated sound. Would one of the new Pentium D's based on the core micro-architecture be able to play the said games ? The new Pentium D's have an 800 MHZ FSB and only 1 MB of Cache. Also, would a PC with RAM moving at only 533 MHZ cause a processor with an 800 MHZ FSB to have a performance decrease because the RAM only moves at 533 MHZ ?

Sorry, I know this is a lot to answer, but if you guys and girls could help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks.:happy:

spotanjo3

Not Pentium D but this:

Will work at a reasonably playable speed (this does not mean full speed --- Perhaps :D):

Intel Core 2 Duo (and laptop Core Duo equivilant)
Intel Core 2 Quad
AMD Athlon X2 (and Turion laptop equivilant)
AMD Opteron Dual Core
AMD Athlon FX Dual Core

What about your graphic card ?

Will work at a reasonable to very good level of speed with both plugins:

***** BEST
=========

ATi Radeon X1300 series and above (excluding below mentioned)
(X1300 need confirmation)

No problem -----> Geforce 6600 series and above and also NVIDIA GeForce 8600GTS 256MB is excellent (excluding below mentioned)

Will work on both graphics plugins, but possibly poor performance:

Geforce 7100 (need confirmation)
Radeon 9500 to 9800 series (slow)
Radeon X300 to X8x0 series (slow)

ATi Radeon X1300 series and above - need confirmation for X1300

Other Hardware Recommendations:

512mb of above of System Memory
Windows XP With Service Pack 2 - Note: Some versions of XP may not work with the VM build (Brazilian known not to work, see update below)
Windows 2000 - Requires the TLB build (pcsx2t.exe)
Windows XP 64 With Service Pack 1 - confirmed to be working
Windows Vista 32/64 - Works on both builds, for VM to work, you MUST manually enable SE_LOCK_MEMORY (Confirmed by GeneralPlot)

Those are all you need, nothing else. :)

Last edited:

LORD-KINKY

AHZI DAHAKA
Sry for barging in, I didn't want to start the new thread. ;)

Can some of you PCSX2 users tell me how should I configure the emu to be able to run games at decent speed? I think that my PC specs should be more than enough to run, say, Marvel vs Capcom 2 at more than 5 FPS.

My PC:

- Athlon 64 X2 6000+
- 2x1024 DDR II 800Mhz
- GeForce 8800GTS 320Mb

This gives me around 30FPS in menues, only 2-5FPS in-game. I don't even want to imagine what frame rate would I get from FFX or FFXII....:dry:

Last edited:

spotanjo3

Sry for barging in, I didn't want to start the new thread. ;)

Can some of you PCSX2 users tell me how should I configure the emu to be able to run games at decent speed? I think that my PC specs should be more than enough to run, say, Marvel vs Capcom 2 at more than 5 FPS.

My PC:

- Athlon 64 X2 6000+
- 2x1024 DDR II 800Mhz
- GeForce 8800GTS 320Mb

This gives me around 30FPS in menues, only 2-5FPS in-game. I don't even want to imagine what frame rate would I get from FFX or FFXII....:dry:

No, you can't. The PCSX2 site told me to gave you the recommend and read above, ok ? If you dont have core 2 duo then you are screw. Update to core 2 duo then. :)

Zach

And why should one dual core CPU be that much better than another?

That's idiocy on their part if that's the case.