TV Capturer Software

Jale

I just got a TV capturer card manufactured by MSI and it came with a CD with drivers and a tuner app. I don't like the tuner/recorder app, because it's too basic, lacks of features and it records very big .mpg files (almost uncompressed). Which app do you recommend?

Zach

There are a plethora of programs out there, tbh.. I had an ATI Tuner card a few years ago and hated it. Picture was grainy and low quality for the most part. Never got to experiment with good software as a result.

You might want to look for an A/V forum instead and ask them.. From what I hear Hauppauge is the only brand of card worth buying anyhow. Guess it depends on your need those.

May come down to trial and error until you find one you like through google or something.

Jale

I'm getting another one. It was an USB VOX-II thing and it sucked so much: Slow transfer rate (it's USB), poping/clicking sound and it's incompatible with most TV capturing software (that's why I'm asking here).

I'm getting an Advantek ATV-TUNER in the next days.

Zach

I'm still reccomend a Hauppauge card if you haven't already purchased yet & you are able to buy one in your area.

Most expensive one I found on Pricegrabber was around $165 USD w/o shipping, etc..

Which is a far cry from years ago when their top ends were something like $300 - $400..

Heh.. My bro told me to go check out Woot! (www.woot.com) today for their deal. It was an HDTV Tuner card for like $50.. Supposedly no need to pay for HD services fees ontop of cable service to watch the channels too.. However I think they were just using word play to describe watching free HD channels or something..

Still for $50 and featured on Woot! I dunno, maybe worth checking. Recording a show off TV in 720p (1900x????) would be sweet, heh

Jale

My computer isn't fast enough to record HDTV content and HDTV isn't available yet. Anyway, according to the card's description, it supports HDTV signals, but 480p/480i is enough for me since I'll primarily use it for YouTube.

Oh, and about that card on Woot.com, that's the one I asked to look for, but they told me it's not currently available.