New parts coming tomorrow...

Zach

Damn upgrade bug has bitten me...

My PC has had a good run though... Had most of the parts for over 2 years.. except the recent 500gb addition and the SoundBlaster Xi-fi Gamer card.. Probably gonna have to get some better speakers too.. But aside from that, new toys were ordered and should be here tomorrow... hopefully in the afternoon or sooner..

Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor woot.. Should easily overclock to 3ghz on stock air cooling.. Hopefully I can get it to around 3.5 or higher, and if I change out my water block hopefully close to 4ghz when all is said and done..

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

It will be my first non Epox motherboard in 4 or 5 years, but it looks like a solid product and good performer.. Plus it has the 1333 FSB that recently came out.

I also got a new Power Supply because mine is getting old.. Has been through 1 Lightning Strike, and is not fully ATX12V compatible (even though my mobo uses it fine).. I am replacing it with another Antec, of course.. This one is a modular PSU - these are the future. Easy to use, only plug in what connectors your need and saves all the cable clutter in your case too.

Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CE, FCC, CCC, CB, C-tick

So hopefully my PC will have these specs soon..

3 - 3.7Ghz Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR II-800
550W Modular PS
Geforce 6800
19" Samsung LCD
SoundBlaster Xi-Fi - Xtreme Gamer
Logitech X-540 5.1 Speakers (70W RMS)
1x 300GB Seagate Barracuda SATA II
1x 500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA II
ASUS - DRW - 1612BL (16x DVD/CD Burner)

With the exception of probably adding 2 - 4GB over the next year, and upgrading my Graphics Card too, I probably won't have to really upgrade the PC at all for at least 3 or 4 more years now.. Except for changing hard drives as my space needs increase

Last edited: