ePSXe help

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I have used this emulator on other computers so I atleast know that I am not doing anything wrong; I am using the Xeven's Cdr Driver .93 (I think it is .93) and it cant read the disk. I have a DVD rom drive so do I need a different driver for a DVD rom drive (assuming that Cdr stands for cd readable)

Solis

Hello Van Halen Man,

No you don't need a different driver. Different cdr plugins play different games. Some work with one cdr pluglin others don't. But i might also be some wrong with your dvd-rom driver or the CD itself.

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Well, the game is Final Fantasy VII, and I know that I have used that driver, and had it work before. I tried using other drivers but when I run cdrom, a list comes up with a bunch of different directories and I dont know what to do.

Solis

You probably have a image reader cdr. Go To epsxe>config>cdrom>down arrow select xeven cdr. Then press ok. Try to run the cd rom "Run Cd-rom".

Last edited:

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
I know, I did that, I said that I am using that already and it dosnt work.

montpics

Ever try with SaPu CD plugin? :)

Van Halen Man

Coolest person on earth.
Yeah, that one dosn't work either, most of them start like they are going to work, but all I see is the black screen, the game never actually starts.