Lag in PJ64

Dilman

When playing Harvest Moon 64, when I'm around a lot of stuff(crops, animals etc.) it's gets extremely laggy, and the game won't pick up me pressing any buttons besides movement.(So A, B, Z, L, R, and the C buttons don't work) When this happens, it usually takes 2-5 tries for it to pick up the button, but at a festival, where it's very crowded, it can take up to 10 tries. Just wondering, what do you guys think could stop this, or at least make it less prevalent?

Dilman

Nvidia 128 megabyte graphics card
Pentium 4 processor, 2.8 GHz
Windows XP
1.5 gigs of RAM

Anything else?

Also, something I just noticed, in Paper Mario, the sound is skipping, like being on for half a second, then being off for about a tenth of a second. Anyone know how to fix this too?

Last edited:

Jale

For the sound lag, enable "Sync game to audio" feature in the sound plugin configuration. If it doesn't help, check the FPS count at the bottom right corner. If it goes a lot below 60 FPS for NTSC games or 50 FPS for PAL games, that means there's not enough performance in your video card to process 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC) images per second, which is required by the emulator to run smootly.

Your processor and memory are far beyond the minimum requirements, but since you haven't mentioned your nVIDIA model (GeForce XXX, where X is the model/number), I can't tell. By having 128 MB of memory it doesn't mean it's fast. The core speed and memory bandwidth of your video card play a key role in performance.

So, what's your video card model? Also, is it the first time you're using Project64?

Last edited:

Dilman

I already tried syncing the game to audio, but that didn't do anything. And actually, Paper Mario is running at an embarrassing 20 FPS, but when I tried playing Harvest Moon, it was running at 55 FPS, but it still had the messed up sound.

I looked around, but I couldn't find what model I have. I could ask my dad tomorrow when he's awake.

Pretty much, I played Wave Race 64 for a day without any problems, then I got Harvest Moon 64, and this problem occurs only in this game.

EDIT: Actually, just checked again, and harvest moon is running at 35 FPS...

DOUBLE EDIT: I fixed the sound. I had changed something in advanced settings, because someone said it would fix a problem in Pokemon Snap I was having, but I just unchecked that, and everything went back to normal. I can even play paper Mario fine.

So now, back to the lag in Harvest Moon...

Last edited:

Chumly

No custom user title.
Right click on a free area of your desktop.

From the drop-down menu choose "Properties."

In the Display Properties screen, click on the right-most tab, labeled "Settings."

You should be here:
displaysettings.jpg

The area circled in red should be where the model of your video card is displayed.

Dilman

Uhhh... It says I have a Radeon 9200... I'll tell my dad later that we don't have nVIDIA.:happy:

EDIT: Apparently nVIDIA is in his laptop, and he was confused.

Last edited:

Jale

Then you have an ATI card. I had a Radeon 9200 and never had lagging problems with Project64.

Legendarypkk

Im actually here to ask about the buttons to Harvest moon i have the Project 64 emulator and i dont know the buttons can someone list them for me