ARGH! MAME Problems... Permanent Setting Changes...

Thundaar

I've been searching all over the internet and one post lead me to come to these forums.... I've gotten MAME and it's an excellent program for playing arcade video games, but there is one major problem I am facing. I have gotten an XBox 360 Wired Controller to originally use on the computer when there was no wireless gaming receiver... Now I have the receiver and wired or wireless, it works amazingly well with any emulator or game in general that I use it for...

Here is the problem I encounter... I am trying to make it so that the boxes for enabling joystick and the axises are checked permanentlely... I found a way to enable the joystick (MAME.ini, modify Joystick from "0" value to "1"), but I can't seem to make it so the axises are permanently enabled. I tried changing Digital in the .ini file from none to all as directed from a FAQ I found off of google, but it changed nothing. It's a true pain in the ass to always have to keep ticking the boxes every single time I have to play a game... So can someone help me with this issue, is there any way I can save the preferences in general?

I am using: Mame32 Plus! 0.113 and I also have MAME32 0.113u2, but it doesn't even play the Simpsons so I don't use it... I may, if I find it plays games that Plus! 0.113 doesn't...

Thanks to all in advance!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Open Mame32, select 'options', then 'default game options', then 'controllers'. You can change any default settings for all games in there.

You can also hit TAB when you activate a game and define any controls in 'Input General' and it will use that configuration for all games.