Gamecube Emulator Problem

mct

I have a Gamecube emulator (Dolphin) on my computer and Super Smash Bros. Melee. I have a Radeon X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory. I know it's not a very good video card, and I'm waiting for a much better one to be coming in the mail, but its really impossible to play, even though in the GFX settings it says it should work great. I was just wondering if it was a problem I was having with the program, or is it just that the video card I have now is garbage. If it isn't actually the video card, how do I fix the problem?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
That emulator will not run very fast as it is. With the best money can buy it still won't. It is not anywhere close to being complete. GC emulation is not there yet, it only got close.

spotanjo3

It will increase the speed a little bit better. It is under Beta right now. Dolphin x64/Dual Core beta is in the test right now and won't be released until they decide it's time. Do not asked WHEN! :D

Devann

Why do the emulators only work on game systems that have died,or are not popular consoles anymore?

marios_shadow

Why do the emulators only work on game systems that have died,or are not popular consoles anymore?
Because it takes that long for hardware to advance to the point where it can run those games, or because it takes awhile to develop a program to perfectly emulate a system.

That-Cool-Guy

It is extremely difficult to make these emulators. And also i dont think that the people who make them have that much free time on their hands to try to finish things quick so it will take a while

spotanjo3

No, that's not true. A new 64bit update for dolphin is in the test right now and wont be release until they decide to and the speed is alot of improvement but wont be very fast however it is much better than the old version. They are move it from 32bit to 64 bit and dual core for increase speed. :)