First time trying to run MAME32 question

rbaby

Hello,

I can not seem to get MAME32 .110 working. I am pretty new to MAME, but I have been researching it for a while. I think I did everything right.....
1) downloaded MAME32 and extracted it to c:\
2) placed a few rom files (unzipped) in the correct directory
3) placed a few samples (unzipped) in the correct directory
4) launched MAME32 from windows

The program comes up and most (not all) of the games show up in the available list. When I click on any of the games, the screen flicks for a 1/2 sec and goes back to the main screen.

My computer is a pentium 930Mhz, 528 Mb ram, and running windows 2000. I dont think I have a good video card. It is an intel 82815 on board graphic controller (i think it is only 4Mb).

Am I doing something wrong or missing a step? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

montpics

2) placed a few rom files (unzipped) in the correct directory
You don't need to extract it, just place the zipped one in that folder instead.

Use this guide to help you. :)

>CLICK HERE!<

rbaby

Thanks for the reply montpics.

I said unzipped, but I meant zipped. I did not extract the files, I just placed the zipped files in the correct directory..... c:\MAME32\Roms. I have also read the guide and tried to look at other peoples problems in this forum, with no success. Any other ideas?

rbaby

I got it running on a different PC. At least I know the problem is the PC, not my install. If anybody has any ideas, I would appreciate it. If not, I might be able to figure it out on my own eventually. Thanks again.

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
Havent used Mame32 since I found the much improved Mame32FX! Can you please post what mame games you have, and which ones run.