Need help with controls!!

KELLY

My dad bought an arcade machine and it was working fine! Now all of a sudden the left hand joystick has stopped working properly. On main game menu it moves up and down and also moves right but it wont go to the left. He's been wanting to play galaxian since he bought it but it will only move to the right and fire. It did work properly until my cousin did something to it. Please help because he is driving me up the wall.

KELLY

havent got a clue what its called its a wooden arcade cabinet with the pc inside its got two joysticks one on either side with six buttons on each side:confused:

Vince

Elder of Emulation
I have a cabinet arcade myself. This happened to me once and I used some compressed air and blew the dust out from the joysticks (from the inside) and they have worked fine since. If that doesn't fix it the contacts must be on the verge of wearing out and replacing the joystick with a new one is your only solution to fix the issue.

KELLY

We think its the configaration settings because we can get into the main menu but if we want to get back to the main menu from the game we use to press the player one and player two button together to get back to it and that doesnt work

KELLY

IVE FITTED A KEYBOARD ONTO PC INSIDE CABINET AND ALL THE CONTROLS AND MOVEMENTS WORK OK ON THE GAMES BUT WHEN I RE CONNECT THE JOY STICK CABLE AND TRY TO USE IT ITSTILL WONT MOVE LEFT AND CANNOT ACCESS THE MAIN GAME MENU WITHOUT SWITCHING MACHINE OFF AND ON AGAIN AS YOU MAY HAVE LEARNED IM NOT TECHNICALLY GIFTED SO I COULD DO WITH SOME IDIOT FRIENDLY GUIDLINESON HOW TO RECONFIGURE THE JOYSTICKS IM NEARLY CERTAIN THE PROBLEM WAS CAUSED BY BUTTONS AND JOYSTICK BEING PRESSED WHILE IN MAIN GAME MENU MODE