Dolphin/Recommended Requirments

sectorbob

New 2 Emu's
Dear Everyone,

My name is Kyle. I have recently copied iso images off of a few of my gamecube games and downloaded the latest Dolphin GCM emu. But Due to my below average computer, I am unable to get past the title screen of the games. I am able to run PJ64 and a bunch of n64 roms on this pc but when it comes to NGC... it's in black and white, all glitchy, the sound doesn't work, and I am running at about 2 fps average. THis is a screen shot of the title sreen of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker:
http://img501.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glitcherama6gl.jpg

Here are some specifications of my computer:

Windows XP Home Ed. Serv. pack 2
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ 2.08 GHz
448 MB of RAM
80 GB HD (not sure how fast it is)
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU GFX card.. 64 mb

that's all I can think of right now... the computer is a three year old HP Pavilion with a 17 inch flat panel monitor..

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect in the future for the dolphin emulator. What I mean by this is: if the developers of the dolphin emulator improve the speed usage of it more, what type of gfx card, processor, RAM memory, etc. would I need?
just posting a list would be very helpful. I am seeking to build a pc myself and I want to be able to run my gamecube games on it.

Thank you,

Last edited:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
You won't be able to play GC games on you computer at all sadly, there are no working GC, PS2, or Xbox emulators at this time and won't be for a long time.

Jale

It will take a couple of more years to find a GameCube emulator with a decent behavior.

sectorbob

New 2 Emu's
owch! I didn't think it would be that long.. ok.. well i better not complain since I'm not the one spending my time crreating it.. thanks for your time you guys! now I won't go out and buy some super computer so I can play the games on my pc lol! my gamecube messes up alot so I was just trying to use an alternative route for gamecube!

when to say a final ngc emu comes out and it is able to play games, what would be the recommended req. for playing it?

if you have no idea, it's fine I am just gunna prepare

thank you,

Last edited:

COAS

I have a similar problem, I wanted to run a Pokemon XD rom on mine but it doesn't get anywhere past the black screen.