NO SOUND on Project64 :-( please help

64Buff

Hi ya guys ive ONLY just installed the PJ64 and downloaded GoldenEye, Graphics, speed is AMAZING, but NO SOUND AT ALL!

I had to install a new audio plugin because the one that came with the PJ64 was out of date (or something) and didnt let me run the game.

Plugin's i have;

Video - Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Audio - Jabo's DirectSound 1.30
Input - Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6

If anyone knoew why im not getting ne sound or if they can post a link on where i can get better ones then that would be cool, thanks!!

hagbard

Latest Jabo's DirectSound plugin is v1.6, and perhaps you're not using PJ64 1.6, so you can get it here. I'd try to install it from scratch anyway.

Make sure you're using speed limiter (System -> Limit FPS), uncheck "send Audio lists to audio plugin" (Options -> Configure RSP), disable (or enable if thats the case) "Sync game to audio" (Options -> Configure Audio plugin), and make sure the game you're playing doesn't have audio issues (check the ROM browser notes)

Last edited:

64Buff

Ive got all the latest updates, but whats a speed limiter?? there isnt a system option?!

What audio, video and controller plugins are you using?

cheers matey

hagbard

That's what I mean, you only need to install PJ64 1.6, other "updates" will rollback to older versions.

64buff said:
Ive got all the latest updates, but whats a speed limiter?? there isnt a system option?!
Again: Start Project64, menu "System" -> check "Limit FPS"

I'm using Project 64 v1.6, and the plugins:

Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Jabo's DirectSound 1.6
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6

Last edited: