Help with inputting a gameshark code in

MWright85

All right, now I hope this doesn't get complicated for you experts. I'm new to this stuff. I think I may be having trouble loading a Cheat Code in. It seems like I may get it, but then I feel like I'm missing something or doing something the wrong way.

I want to input only 1 code for Suikoden 2

Game: Suikoden 2
Cheat: Time Is 00:00:00

From cgmscc.com (sp):
8006AA52 0000
8006AA54 0000
8006AA56 0000

In the PEC (psx emulation cheater by Jens Duttke and Danil Galimov), there is nothing in there that lets you add another game. So I googled and I came across PecEdit

So I download something called PEC Edit. I add the code, the ID number, all that BS and then save it as a CHT File, so when I start up the ePSXE emulator, there is something on the Upper Right Menu ( Cheat) and under it it says "Edit Cheat Codes", so I click on that and there is a box that lets you input the address and value and and you add them.

Now I also load the cheat file I made in PecEdit, and then the code shows up like this:

0006a 00000052
0006a 00000054
0006a 00000056

I click on OK, and I run my ISO, but then when I get to the game, the code is not working (I keep saving the game, but no 00:00:00 appears.

Has anyone used PecEdit? Am i doding it right. Perhaps someone can give me a step-by-step walkthrough or something?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it helps. Under Config > Video I have choices for two plug-ins:

psx emulation cheater 2.5 and Pete's D3D Driver 1.57

and Config > Sound I have:

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.10 and ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.

And Config > CD ROM I have:

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. and ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2.

Thanks.

Last edited:

montpics

Firstly you need to place PecEdit on the same folder as Pec. Then load the pec.ini file that includes lots of cheat codes from various games.

Alternatively, you can use other programs that will edit the codes in pec.ini file such as notepad. (but I used UltraEdit for it.)

Try it. ;)