ePSXe SPU plug-in problems

Tsura

Whenever I use a plug-in, and I've tried them all, I still get no sound for my Symphony of the Night ISO. When I test the plug-in, it never comes back with a result, negative or positive. What's wrong with it?

hagbard

In ePSXe, menu "Config" -> "Sound" -> check "Enable Sound" "CDDA" and "XA" boxes.

Tsura

I did it. Not working. Test still never gives results. I'm actually using an ISO bin, too, not a CD.

Last edited:

hagbard

Did you get sound in others games or is this one only? The test option doesn't make anything here, so this is not a problem. I suppose you've also check the XA sound options in the plugins, you've DiretcX installed and got a working DX compatible sound card then. Sometimes a BIOS works better than others, so give a them a try. Also try to mount the ISO with Daemon Tools instead of direct load it, but I think this won't make any difference with this game as doesn't use CDDA.

Othewise I think your ePSXe config might be scrambled. Use Regedit, look for every "ePSXe" entries and delete them.

Hope it helps

Tsura

Nevermind, it's been fixed. Turns out you were right, was a BIOs compatibility problem. Thanks. ^^

Last edited: