yet another FF7 problem ><

Dark Sensei

Hi there i have the 3 CDs (but no playstation) so i'm using the emulator "PSXeven" butttt when i run the 1st cd it works alittle then it stops at the very beginnig with this:
ERROR: Reserved opcode being called : 0x 15F8 !!!! @0x80000088
-- emu released due to error --
* Ended.

:excl: note: the same with ePSXe +_+ :excl:

InTheZoneAC

please post pc specs, also try epsxe, much better than psxeven. You will need to configure your plugins and make sure to enable special game fixes for FF7. Just mess around with the settings.

montpics

Plugins problem. What plugins did you choose? :rolleyes:

Dark Sensei

please post pc specs, also try epsxe, much better than psxeven. You will need to configure your plugins and make sure to enable special game fixes for FF7. Just mess around with the settings.
Thanx i tried befor and i thought that the problem with the cd/image but i think i'll try again :confused:

Plugins problem. What plugins did you choose?
well they r :
Video: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.16
Sound: P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
CDRom: Xeven's Cdr Driver 0.93
Bios: scph1001 &(or) scph7502

so???

Last edited:

montpics

You can use Eternal SPU plugin for sound. Enable XA and CDDA sound from sound configuration.

Then configure you CD plugin by setting your CD drive to a correct one.

After that, close you application and restart it again. (It will crash once you configure your plugin and play afterwards)

If that still didn't work, try using older version of ePSXe such as ePSXe 1.5.2.

Note :
Mine works fine on ePSXe 1.6.0 with these plugins

Graphic : Pete's OpenGL 2.6 or any Pete's or P.E.Op.S
Sound : Eternal SPU plugin
CD : Sapu CD plugin (My no. 1 choice)

Same goes with other emulators but will double check it if you problem still doesn't solved. :cool:

Dark Sensei

ummm sorry guys but can ya tell me where the hell can i got "Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6" or how to get The 2.7 to work ?

montpics

Dark Sensei said:
ummm sorry guys but can ya tell me where the hell can i got "Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6" or how to get The 2.7 to work ?
That one, you MUST have a latest graphic card to use that plugin. :cool: