black screen trouble

Taterz

everytime i try to change maps/locations on Lunar SSSC, i always end up with a black screen where i can still function normally, but i am practically blind to where i am moving. can someone help me fix this problem?

hagbard

On ePSXe I suppose. Use an older version (1.5.2) if you are using 1.6.0. Also try the peops gpu plugin, it should work flawlessly. You might like to try other emulator like PSXeven or SSSPSX, both use the ePSXe plugins (actually PSEmuPro :p)

Taterz

i tried that, but it didnt seem to work. is there anything else i can do? i read something about MDecs

montpics

What plugins did you use, and mind to tell us your PC specs? :rolleyes:

Taterz

i have a Radeon 9250, Pentium (r) 4 @ 3.20 GHz, 512 MB of RAM....thats all i could scavenge from the depths of the control panel. if there is anything else i need, i might need to know how to find out >< i'm a little slow at those kinds of things.

gah forgot the plugins. i have the P.E. Op. Soft Driver 1.6 and all 3 of Pete's video plugins, ePSXe SPU Core 1.5.2 for sound, ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core for the CD ROM, Logitech Dual Action for control pad, and thats it all

Last edited:

hagbard

Get the Sapu and P.E.O.p.s CDR plugins, it should work better. Then set up the drive you're using on these plugins. I hope this make it working ok, but would work better at least :p Also P.E.O.p.s and Eternal Sound plugins should work better than ePSXe sound core.

Peops sof gpus should work Ok, I'd try to download the latest versions of that plugins

http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html

Taterz

man the thingies didnt work for me ><. perhaps its something with the game and emulator itself? or is there something else? i appreciate the help so far, though

hagbard

Are you sure you have the latest, and not the Win XP, drivers installed for your graphics card?