need help with mslug3,4.

tdater

hi, ijust got mslug3,4 i put the rom in the rihgt rom folder but my kawaks 1.54 normally adfter i put it in the rom folder it will show up in my avaible game list but this time it didnt can anyone help me with that? plz

hagbard

Try to load it anyway by choosing "All" game display, then try to load them anyway. It will report the problem, most probably a bios file or rom it's missing.

tdater

i did it tells me missing files cant open, iam also havin problems with kof 99,2000,2001 but why on those games!! why cant it be on some unpopluar games.... oh ya is there anyways to get those missin files?

hagbard

I think you were using an older version of Kawaks, and you're missing some new encrypted Roms, but just by the case try to download a newer "neogeo.zip" (NeoGeo bios) as it had changed various times. Make a forum search if you want to know the contents.

Anyway, please post an example of what's missing from a particular game and I will try to help you ;)

tdater

hey hagbard iam really appreaciate that your helping me, iam usin kawaks version 1.54 and i have the right neo geo bio as u posted in the previous i double checkd.i double click the metal slug from game list and i got this couldnt find ms4n_c1.rom(a75ffcde) btw is kawaks 1.54 support joystick?

hagbard

So you're missing "ms4n_c1.rom" from the "mslug4nd" set if I'm not mistaken.

If you are lucky enough you'll also have the "mslug4" encrypted set. If that's correct, start Kawaks, go to menu "Tools" -> and check "Enable save decrypted Cs after loading". Now start "mslug4" and wait untill it decrypts and save the roms, it should took a while. Once it's done, it would generate some "ms4n_c#.rom" roms on the emu's folder, so zip them on "mslug4nd.zip" on your rompathb (roms folder)

If you don't got the "mslug4" set, please post what C1 rom you have, or better the whole "mslug4nd" or "mslug4" set. It would be good to know the rom size and crc too.
Upload an image from winzip or winrar showing the crc32 if necessary, on imageshack.us or phtobucket. Otherwise, use this little tip:

Get pkunzip.exe elsewhere, then copy it to your roms folder, then copy the next text on a "pkunzipinfo.bat" file:
pkunzip *.zip -vn > pkzipinfo.txt
Now execute the .bat file, so a "pkzipinfo.txt" text file it's generated, open it, copy the contents and post it here ;)

Last edited:

tdater

once again thank you hagbard for helping, i follow ur direction checked the save decryted after loading, then i load the game nothing happen i tried 3 of them the mslug4 mslug4(decryted) and the bootleg one but nothing happened, and heres the url for the roms in my mslug4zip
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/tdater/60d1f724.jpg
oh ya the last line kind of got cut off
- here it is ms4_v4.rom 4,194,304 3354788 filerom 40126a0a

hagbard

You have an old bootleg hacked version. I might provide you some patches, but not for every rom, so it won't work anyway. I can only suggest you to get updated Mame compliant rom sets which should work perfectly on every updated emulators. Sorry for that