Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nebula and Kwakas, dont want to "see" my games

The New Kid

Default Nebula and Kwakas, dont want to "see" my games

hello peoples
    my problem is that Nebula and Kwakas, dont want to "see" my games in the "load list". yes i have changed it to the directory where my roms are, after doing this only 2 games show up though (they run perfectly).
    Now i saw a thread where a dude was having the same problem, but no one gave him an answer. someone just said "go to altavista" which i thought was not in the community spirit.
    I am using XP, i used to use neorage, but when i start it, i get the annoying "Error with Proram, Do you want to send this report to MS",
    these new emulators look cool, nice and light, and not full screen which can be rather convinient. I also tried MAME, and old rage emus.... Might i add, that for extremely talented and dedicated programmers, those guys have the worst website. lol. took me 20 mins to find the downloads... haha.

Anyways, back to my question hehe. Why wont my roms show up ? and why do 2 of them show up, i have atleast 100. Is it because i changed the name of the zip from downloading, but that shouldnt matter huh.

Hope some one reads this and knows whats up.
    thank you in advance for your great help. !

Official NeoRageX is not support WindowsXP and it was discontinued long time ago.

The ones you said the game doesn't show up on Nebula and Kawaks which means the roms that you are having now is pretty much outdated and can't be matched to their romsets. So, there are some hacked version of NeoRageX which can run under WindowsXP but we can't tell you where you get the emulator as the rules being stated.

So, check with your roms with Kawaks by auditing files. Then you will know what is missing. If you are using Nebula, check with the dat file from Romdata folder. (But still not recommended to newbie.)

The New Kid

roms outdated ? thats the worst F ing thing that could happen .
    you mean i have to find a redownload, 2gb worth of roms ?
    there must be another way..
    also i tried several versions of neorage even the hacked, but it didnt quite work. Also how do i audit. ?

this sucks, to the MAXX. im not gonna dl all my roms again. no way.
    stuff like this always happens to me

As I mentioned before..... check first before you mentioned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by montpics
    So, check with your roms with Kawaks by auditing files. Then you will know what is missing. If you are using Nebula, check with the dat file from Romdata folder. (But still not recommended to newbie.)
    For MAME32 click any game, right click and then click on audit.

For Kawaks, check with audit game by clicking on Tool and then click on Audit if I am not mistaken. Later then, check with it on clrmame.txt (I guess that's the one) found on the same folder as it would tell you what is missing.

Other than redownloading them all, there is another way by having a rom patches in which STILL not allowed here at the moment.

The New Kid

yeah thanks for the reply, i need a minute to absorb the information, and implement it.
    In all seriousness, i doubt the roms i downloaded are that old. i dont know anything about bios, or anything else, im used to using zsnes, neo, virtualboy etc , where you just put the roms in the same folder, and your set. so maybe ive done somethin wrong.
    This rule of secrecy is seriously annoying....everyone on this forum seems to be adhering to this horrible rule, as if their lives depended on it. i mean, without links, you cant really help anyone out, or tell them where to get newer stuff, tools or anything. i suppose i would get banned if i told you where i got these roms from, so you could tell me if they are truly out of date.
    not happy about this

Quote Originally Posted by computerB
    In all seriousness, i doubt the roms i downloaded are that old. i dont know anything about bios, or anything else, im used to using zsnes, neo, virtualboy etc , where you just put the roms in the same folder, and your set. so maybe ive done somethin wrong.
    So am I, but I still using the old emulators to play them instead. Most the games I had is around 7 years old. Recent emulators, especially Arcade emulators, the romsets of each rom are changed/kept up to date and collectors seemed keeping it on every version. I stop updating it since MAME32 v0.87.
    This rule of secrecy is seriously annoying....everyone on this forum seems to be adhering to this horrible rule, as if their lives depended on it. i mean, without links, you cant really help anyone out, or tell them where to get newer stuff, tools or anything. i suppose i would get banned if i told you where i got these roms from, so you could tell me if they are truly out of date.
    not happy about this
    Well, there's another method rather than posting it 'publicly'. That's all I can say. But first check with your ROMs first.

The New Kid

i just did audit files, just got the notepad file with error not found all the ay down,. Now im going to look for MAME32 v0.87 to try it.
    See what i mean, first you said im going to have to redownload, then you tell me that you yourself use an older emu....
    this sucks

The New Kid

*SNIPPED!* if you wanna speak in private
    Last edited by montpics; June 15th, 2005 at 14:24. Reason: Remove link

Quote Originally Posted by computerB
    i just did audit files, just got the notepad file with error not found all the ay down,. Now im going to look for MAME32 v0.87 to try it.
    See what i mean, first you said im going to have to redownload, then you tell me that you yourself use an older emu....
    this sucks
    But your problem is using NeoRageX in which I can't help you since the emulator cannot run under XP. Luckilly I have Windows98 if I really have NeoRageX.

The New Kid

No thats only part of my problem.
    The other part of my problem is that , nebula a kawaks, cannot recognise my roms.
    This is ridiculous, i cant even put an email on the post.....
    LAAAAAAAME

Thread Information