Problem with Analog Sticks

Milkrosoft

I'm using an Xbox controller to play my roms on Project64. I use N-Rage's plugin. When I push my analog sticks at a few certain angles, games either pick up the movement slightly or not at all. This is really frustrating in Zelda while trying to have enough speed for a jump or flying in Pilot Wings 64. Is there a solution to this problem?

hagbard

Did you remap correctly the stick you want to match the N64 one? Also make sure to try the latest plugin versions, I hope it helps :)

Milkrosoft

Thanks for the help, but nothing is working. I also have two other problems:
1) Is there a way to switch control profiles in-game by the press of a button? I tried doing this in Modifiers > Configuration in N-Rage's plugin, but all I could figure out was how to switch the analog stick settings.
2) Is there a way to set certain buttons to be held? I mean, if I press a button on my controller, can the game recognize it as being held down until I press it again?

Last edited:

hagbard

Perhaps if you play a bit with the "Controls" tab -> "Analog Stick" -> "Range" , and "Devices" tab -> "Deadzone" with N-Rages (1.82a) input plugin might fix it somehow. PJ64 help have nice onfo aboput it. I'd also take a look at your Xbox pad drivers as my psx ones have some tweaks.

1) Weird, it should work if you assign any key to switch between configs

2) I doesn't almost tried the macro function, but does check the "Toggle" switches helps? I think it's not possible from what I test time ago

Milkrosoft

I think the problem is with my drivers. It's not that big of a problem though. About the switching profiles thing, I'm not 100% sure about how to use the N-Rage plugin. Here is where I get stuck. I can reconfigure the analog sticks but I don't see where i can set an alternate button settup...
Confusion.jpg

Thanks for the help.

hagbard

Click the "Controls" tab, then on the "Analog Stick" area, remap tht analog controls as you prefer, then click the radio button "Config 2". Now you can config an alternate analog input. Those "Config 1" & "Config 2" are the one to be switched on the "Modifiers" tab. On this tab click "apply changes button" to assign the key you want to switch between both configs. Hope it helps :)

Milkrosoft

I got the analog sticks configured but is there a way to set alternate settings for the different buttons?

hagbard

If you mean to setr alternate settings, you might remp the keys as you want, then save the config, and you can load it again, but need to go to the Config input window each time. If you want to switch in game alternate keys mapping, the most similar it's the Modifiers -> Mod Type -> Macro , but it's not actually made to work like this.

Milkrosoft

Oh well. I was hoping to get Jet Force Gemini to control both like a modern day FPS and an adventure game for the switched control modes. Thanks for your patience and help though.

hagbard

Well, you still can remap the analog exes as you mouse, by moving it up or down for Y and left or right for X. The same for digital controls on your keyboard, for example. ;)

Last edited: