Ugly beeping sound in 1942 for the NES

TheHeggy

Whenever I play 1942 with VirtuaNES or JNES, I get this ugly beeping sound :glare: . I've looked online for other ROMS of this game but they all seem to have this problem... Is there a setting or something that corrects this, or does this happen to everyone?

Thanks for your help!

hagbard

Did you tried to change the sound output to 44Khz and 16-bit? Also you might be suffering sound lag, depending on your hardware & graphic settings you're using. Give a try to Nestopia, NNesterJe or FCEultra, those are as good as the emus you're using ;)

hagbard

Weird but 1942 for NES sounds exactlly like this on my system, so I think it's not an emulation bug but the actual game should sound like this, not sure though. :p

Last edited:

TheHeggy

Yeah, so far it's only 1942 that's doing this, but I've really only tried about two dozen other games out of like 400 so it's possible some other do this too.

My system specs:
Windows XP SP2
768 Megabytes of RAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Sapphire 256 Megabyte video card
Creative Sound Blaster 16 PCI audio card
DirextX 9.0c
1.8 GHz Pentium 3

TheHeggy

hagbard said:
Weird but 1942 for NES sounds exactlly like this on my system, so I think it's not an emulation bug but the actual game should sound like this, not sure though. :p
LOL okay so I'm not the only one ;) If it's happening for others and not just me I suppose I can live with it by turning off the sound or something. It would be nice if the damn thing didn't do that though since I like the other sound effects :p

hagbard

Now I'm sure it's not an emulation bug but the actual game should sound like this. Try the Playchoice-10 arcade version on Mame, "pc_1942", which it's the almost the same as the NES version (it's also playable on Nes emus and named "1942 (PC10)" on GoodNes). Sounds the same. You can ever play the 1st arcade version on many emus of course ;)

Last edited:

TheHeggy

If it was really like this on the console, I can only imagine how many parents were driven insane by that noise ;)