segamega drive on gba

hagbard

Probably it's possible but looks that there no megadrive/genesis emulators for gba publicy available

Last edited:

hagbard

I think if there are working SNES & PCE emulators for GBA such as PocketSnes, SnesAdvance or PCEAdvance listed at the link I posted (i post it for something :p), pretty obviously a MegaDrive emulator it's also possible because the Sega console it's not as powerfull as the Nintendo one (only a bit faster). GBA it's a really powerfull 32-bit machinel, technically much better than the 16-bit classics. ;)

About NDS, just tell we'll soon see Linux running on that machine :cool:

Last edited:

hagbard

No, that's totally mistaken. The 32-bit ARM7TDMI CPU of the GBA has nothing to do with the SNES 16-bit 65c816 CPU. The instructions are absolutelly different although it might work at 16-bits, but it's as different from the SNES as the MegaDrive is.

Last edited:

belmont

GBA has the same 3dfx chip that latest SNES cardridges had.That's why people say the hardware has similarities...

hagbard

SNES carts doesn't ever have any 3DFX chip. I think you're talking about the SuperFX 1 & 2 chips that a few games had, but have nothing to do with 3DFX, which appart from the PC gfx cards & chips, was a 3D API, totally dicontinued. The generated polygons by the SuperFX chip wasn't noticeable to the SNES, it worked on its own, so it was not real 3D.

You might look at SNES & GBA tech docs to see it have nothing to do each other. The GBA CPU it's a ARM7TDMI working at 32-bit, which it's more similar to the PSX CPU than any 16-bits one. It has real 3D though basic capabilities that never had the SNES nor with the SuperFX chips.

Last edited: