Games not loading

blitz101

Ok i use the virtual gameboy advance emulator and i got a game and the file is .gba

i open the virtual thing go to

file>open>game.gba but it loads but then what i press my start button it just returns to the opening credits menu.

what do i do?

please help me thank you I apprieciate it.

montpics

Can you explain what game you intend to play by the way? :cool:

hagbard

Looks like your missing the gba bios file. Btw, Please don't ask about it, is not allowed ;)

hagbard

Of course it's needed, but not in every game. Expect some hangs & gfx bugs if didn't enabled/found (Mario Kart, etc). Anyway, it's also true that not every Bios function it's emulated, so a little games might not work with Bios enabled (Phantasy Star Collection comes to mind) :cool:

Last edited:

silverblade987

First, you should put your .gba files in a zipped folder. You'll save some disk space. Other than that, maybe you should try to use another emulator until an updated VBA is released.

About the GBA BIOS thing, as far as I know, a lot of games don't need it. I had a lot of GBA games that ran without any problems before I knew anything about a BIOS. I didn't get it until I read that it was needed to fix the sound problem in Metroid Fusion.

hagbard

It's not the same to need the bios to boot, perhaps a few games, but the errors will come on most games without the gba bios: 99.9% work perfectly with the bios. Others might not work with the bios, but the full bios instructions are not yet emulated so it looks to be main the reason. I've already post some examples. If every emulator have the bios load option it's pretty evident there's a reason behind.