PC Recognizing Game Controller

lacticacid

I purchased a USB Super Nintendo Game Controller and when I plug it in, none of the buttons work. One site did recognize the controller and when I tapped the buttons, but outside of that, I can't get it to work! Help!!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
One site did recognize the controller
What are you using the controller with a web page?

When trouble shooting anything, always bring it to the most basic level and work your way up.

Example:

Plug in the controller

Did the driver work, go in to device manager and look for the device.
Does the hardware respond to the driver, go to controller panel and check that the game test app shows responses.
Does the software see the device, go in to the emulator and see if the controller shows up/responds. (or in your case web page?)

If you need help with any of those just ask.

lacticacid

What are you using the controller with a web page?

When trouble shooting anything, always bring it to the most basic level and work your way up.

Example:

Plug in the controller

Did the driver work, go in to device manager and look for the device.
Does the hardware respond to the driver, go to controller panel and check that the game test app shows responses.
Does the software see the device, go in to the emulator and see if the controller shows up/responds. (or in your case web page?)

If you need help with any of those just ask.

lacticacid

In Device Manager, when I press the left, right, up, and down keys, it shows the direction and says the device is working properly, but outside of the Device Manager, only the left arrow will back out of a web page. If I go to a web site which is supposed to allow you to play games, the controller does not work. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to enable this to work. I didn't think I needed an emulator. Even if I do, I don't know how to use one to make it work.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ok see that is you problem here, you're on an emulation board. So you are going to have to tell us what you are hoping to do here? What web site for one? Two, are you thinking the controller is just going to act like a keyboard? If so, no it will not but you can make it do that. Look at joy2key for doing that or you can pay for the fancy one xpadder.