Game Problem: Playing Xbox games on PC

Kingpinatron

I've been researching playing Xbox (original) games on my PC lately. Truth be told I just want to play Ninja Gaiden again, but that's a different story. I've found emulators like Cxbx and Xeon, but whenever I put an Xbox disc in my drive it plays the disc like a DVD. Even when I open the disc in explorer it just shows the video folder and a few small files. Is there anyway to change this or copy the whole disc into a ISO and/or XBE file so I can play on my PC.

Thanks in Advance

spotanjo3

I've been researching playing Xbox (original) games on my PC lately. Truth be told I just want to play Ninja Gaiden again, but that's a different story. I've found emulators like Cxbx and Xeon, but whenever I put an Xbox disc in my drive it plays the disc like a DVD. Even when I open the disc in explorer it just shows the video folder and a few small files. Is there anyway to change this or copy the whole disc into a ISO and/or XBE file so I can play on my PC.

Thanks in Advance

Don't bother. It seems that they has been discontinued. Even, Dxbx emulator won't run Ninja Gaiden at all. The same for Xeon. For your Cxbx:

http://shogun3d-cxbx.blogspot.com/2009/11/cxbx-compatibility-list-updated.html

Ninja Gaiden isn't on the compatibility list. It means that this game doesn't work at all. Sorry. :(

LegoManIAm94

Unfortunately theres no emulator that can play Xbox Original games. I wish there was since I loved the Xbox Original. The emulators that are out there can play a few games but not major titles. The best thing to do is do some research and see if the game is available on gamecube or PS2 and see if it runs well on a PS2 or gamecube emulator and if so buy the game online on amazon or your local used game store and rip it and transfer it to your PC. But of course you will need a homebrewed Wii to rip gamecube games and a PS2 for the bios files.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
:p there are only one way write emulator or get the source and documentation

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Unfortunately theres no emulator that can play Xbox Original games. I wish there was since I loved the Xbox Original. The emulators that are out there can play a few games but not major titles. The best thing to do is do some research and see if the game is available on gamecube or PS2 and see if it runs well on a PS2 or gamecube emulator and if so buy the game online on amazon or your local used game store and rip it and transfer it to your PC. But of course you will need a homebrewed Wii to rip gamecube games and a PS2 for the bios files.
This forum is absurdly behind when it comes to keeping up with Xbox emulation in general. Even worse, whenever I update you all on the Xbox front, it's as if nobody pays attention or remembers what I posted... -.-

Remember XQEMU? It has been making rapid progress and has much greater compatibility than Cxbx does. The videos on youtube speak for themselves.

lrAH5xY.png

There's lots more on youtube.

Shogun.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yeah I have to agree with blueshogun96. Xbox first gen emulation does not get much attention. I'm actually quite bias as I hate that console but even I'll admit its came a long way in the effort on emulation. Right now it seems blueshogun96 is the best resource on the matter. There should be some research done on this and added to the xbox emulation download section.