Why cant all the emulators be as easy and simple as Project 64?

GuyVelella

With Project 64 I dont have to download all these separate folders like a bios. I dont have to wait hours doing a hundred tasks like "extract here" and copy/paste so many things. Everything is complete and ready to use on Project 64 once its downloaded. Everything works including the rumble. I dont have to keep reprogramming the controller buttons every time I re use it. I dont have to do anything to the game once I download it like make it a different file type so it works in the emulator.

Playstation and Sega emulators its so frustrating.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You should not get a bios from pj64. You may have download is also where. A bios is copyrighted material and illegal to own or distribute. As are "roms" same as downloading an mp3. So yeah you wont get that in the download from the emulator main page.

I dont have to wait hours doing a hundred tasks like "extract here" and copy/paste so many things. Everything is complete and ready to use on Project 64 once its downloaded.
Same is true with most all emulators. The hard ones are dream cast and saturn. Every emulator requires you to set up the game pad. The other feature are for advanced stuff. You only need to extra it once. Not sure where you are downloading stuff but something is not right if you feel that way?

I dont have to keep reprogramming the controller buttons every time I re use it.
Same with all emulators I have ever used.

I dont have to do anything to the game once I download it like make it a different file type so it works in the emulator.
Most emulators use a zipped rom, other use iso. iso are a pain yes. Its life, consoles decided to go CD and leave cartage behind.

Sega emulation pretty much work as soon as you install it. All Sega emulators are pretty much the same. Download and extract, put the files in a location and find a bios. Run the emulator set up the controller and your done. Never need to do that again... Lots of emulators are like that, they don't come with set installers. Most of us prefer it that way. Your just going thru that "noobie" syndrome, it will pass.

The best part though, is that people like me, don't mind helping you out. So post away my friend, we are here to help. Please post each topic in the right area so other can benefit from the advice and question.