Emulator Problem: Running Resident Evil director cut on epsxe, sound jitters, staggers and repeats

AxiaEuxine

I am running Resident Evil directors cut on ePSXe and the sound jitters, staggers and repeats. I have used the 3 configurations for the audio available on ePSXe and get the same results. Please help

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
We'll need a bit more information... like your system's specs and if you're using an actual disc on your emulator, or an ISO.

I had games jitter when I was playing them straight from the disc before...

AxiaEuxine

We'll need a bit more information... like your system's specs and if you're using an actual disc on your emulator, or an ISO.

I had games jitter when I was playing them straight from the disc before...

Windows 7 Ultimate
SP1
x64
intel dual core 3.00ghz
memory 4.00g
nvidia 8800gt

The game is installed on my HD, the Resident evil game and the emulator came packed as one. It doesnt seem to be an iso.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The game is installed on my HD
It doesnt seem to be an iso.
Um, there is no such thing as installed a rom? Though you said the rom starts so these statements are false. I agree with Tomtaru, that bad ISO can cause issues and trying to re-rip the game ( or re steel it in your case ) would be a good thing to try. Your computer is an over kill for this emulator, so that is not your problem.

Last edited:

Corey4666

I was able to successfully fix the audio issues on that game using ePSXe, but it was a pain and trial + error of messing with settings.

If you do keep wanting to try ePSXe use P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9 psx SPU audio driver. Under Misc. tick the following options.
SPU IRQ - wait for CPU action.
SPU IRQ - handle irqs in decoded sound buffer areas.

Try them both individually in problematic area's. Then try them together both enabled. Use save states in game to test quickly. Once you get this figured out you should be able to play the rest of the game with no audio issues.

If this don't work, Try messing with XA music section. the 2 options follow as "Enable XA playing, and Change XA speed."