images, screen shots, and game demo recordings question

BloodFart

hi.
this should be a really simple answer, but i just cant seem to work it out on my own at this point. im just now trying to pick a front end and im looking at options and features of many of them. this is where things get confusing to me, because i havnt got past this point yet. soo.... it seems on some front ends that you can add image files or screen recordings of game play so that these come up when you are browsing through the games. seems like a cool extra effect.

my question is... is this always done through additional files? are there any front ends that would access the rom to display anything, or is this always done by adding image or video files of your own?

another question to go along with this is... and im sorry if this somehow touches on the "copyright" issues, (although ive thought about it before asking, and i cant see it being a "taboo" issue). Do people make available to others the image and video packs they have created for there frontends? are packages like this available somewhere online? i cant seem to find image or video packs anywhere. im pretty sure i may be searching the wrong keywords, but i dont know. i would think if i can find all the roms i could ever want, i should be able to find this stuff, but im not having any luck. do premade packs of art and video just not exsist?

it would be nice to add these features to a frontend, but im not going to be going through the effort if i cant get an art and video pack already put together. any help would be great!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
eh... its a grey area. So ill help you a bit here. Screen shots are not really "copyrighted" since some one other then the game makers took them. The best way to get full screen shots is to get with a community that does this. I use Quick play. I was one of the leaders in finding the shots. The sets match GOOD sets, if you know what that is. We have a set for most every console. You can also check out hyper-spin, they have a great compilation of shots movies and much more.

BloodFart

wow man. thank you so much. i was searching everything i could think of and not coming up with anything. i figured it had to be covered already, but just wasnt getting there. im very grateful to you for pointing me in the right direction.

BloodFart

green bay, born and raised here. left several times, lived all over in the army, yet somehow i always get returned to sender.

ya der hey ;-)

checked out what you pointed me too. exactly what i was trying to figure out. you really put in the work over there too, and it shows. lots of stuff for me to learn here and there, but now im on the right track. thanks again.

Last edited: