DeSmuME Pokemon Black Save problem

Slevin424

I googled this issue but I couldn't find anyone with either a similar problem or an answer. I have Pokemon Black for the DeSmuME emulator and I started a game, I used in game save a few times because it asked me to. But I was mainly using save states (saves provided from DeSmuME) but I realized I wasn't getting any experience points so I restarted with a code to fix it.

But I forgot to delete the old in game save with Select + Up + B and I'm way to far in the game to start again. I'm trying to start something in the game and its asking me to save but it keeps saying It's impossible to save, first delete your old save by pressing Select+Up+B in the menu. I went to the menu and deleted it but when I load back up my emulator save, the in game save automatically returns (the save state on the emulator saves the in game state and in order to delete the in game save I'd have to delete my emulator save which means restarting)

Is there a way to delete the in game save file on my emulator without deleting my emulator save files? I would like to save in game as many things require you to do so before using certain things.

I'm using the latest version of DeSmuME and its just regular Pokemon Black (not sure if its useful info but I'm on a Windows 7)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I don't think there is a way man, sorry. Even if you could delete the ingame save file, you would still need something like a savestate to have your information, and that in itself would contain the ingame save file. ;c

Slevin424

I don't think there is a way man, sorry. Even if you could delete the ingame save file, you would still need something like a savestate to have your information, and that in itself would contain the ingame save file. ;c

Its okay, thanks for the reply. I started going through the programming and ended up with a corrupted save file so I have no choice but to restart. Anyways, is there a way to trade on Pokemon Black through DeSmuME? I know there is a user created Wifi patch that actually works quite well, if you don't mind the extremely horrid slow down it causes. But I'm not sure how to play this game on a emulator, Pokemon evolution require friendship? Also required online trading and junk.... ughh I miss RBY.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I haven't tried the wifi function at all, so I couldn't say. ;o sounds like something to try later though.