Final Fantasy I

Fable

Urban Ninja
I was playing it and all of a sudden all of the words became a mess of numbers and stuff! I couldn't read it! NOOOOO!!!!!!

belmont

This happens because you have a rom image that it is not completely in English.
Download the rom from somewhere else.

LoGoS_dArK

yeah or find a rom patch for the game, that will give you full translation of your rom!!

G®£gø®¥

your not far enough in the game, you need to go to the sea shrine and find a stone tablet which lets you understand the people in this town

TiredBoy

It shouldn't be a problem with his being in Lefein, at least not with scrambled numbers and stuff. And since FF1 has been brought over portside three times, I doubt there's a need for a translation patch. It'd be wierd enough finding a J version. I can't remember which emulators all this, but I believe you may be able to replace ROMs while maintaining save states or even the actual saved files.

Try looking for either a GBA version (Dawn of Souls) or the U.S. NES ROM/equivalent.

TiredBoy

Hence the "U.S. NES ROM/equivalent," meaning that you should probably find another copy of the file. I don't have my NESticle anymore, else I'd check to see if you could transfer the saved games. You could try copying save states, replacing the ROM, then trying to run the file again.