Final Fantasy IX (PAL)

Harry1

Hi, I'm not sure if im in the right place or not, but here goes nothing! :D

I have the Original FFIX PAL version for the PSX, I came across it while cleaning an old closet out. ^^
Anyways, I was wondering how I could play this using my PC... Before I am repeatedly flamed for being a lazy mofo, I have tryed playing it using ePSXe... but alas! no luck :(

I've been reading through previous posts but i haven't came across anything that can help me, maybe it's a problem with the bio's im using or whatnot, it's all kinda new too me :(

If anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, I'm happy enough to try and get it working from there before posting again. (My PSX and PS2 are long gone, I'm a PC gamer wanting to re-live some old FF action :happy: )

Thanks in advance for any help, Harry.

Jale

Well, I'm happy you are so interested in emulators.

You will need:

- The best PSX emulator available: ePSXe 1.5.2 (ePSXe 1.6.0 is still buggy).
- Plugins set.
- BIOS:

SCPH-1000.bin <-- NOT RECOMMENDED.
SCPH-1001.bin
SCPH-7502.bin

- Games: CD-ROM or ISO.

In order to play FFIX (PAL), it needs a patch to be applied before playing with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

montpics

Another option is use PSXeven if you still having problems using ePSXe. Please report here, if you had any problems relating to the emulator. :)

Harry1

ok guys, thanks alot for your help! ;)
Just for reference, I got it running using:

ePSXe 1.6.0
cdrXeven.dll
gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll
spuPeteMidas.dll

and the FFIX PAL version patch which can be located HERE

Although i have it running, the sound seams to change speed and tone. Not sure if this is something that can be resolved with new bio's or if its just a bug with using PSX emulators with original games as I'm still new to this. Any help on that one would be much apreciated. :D

Thanks again, Harry.

montpics

Any try on Eternal SPU plugin? And try to make an image by using ISO Producer or any similar softwares that could do the job fine. Then run with ISO. :)