Emulator Problem: Desmume 0.9.7 x86 3 seconds crash problem!

Clop6max

Hi. I'm gonna be short and straight to the business:
I play Pok?mon White 2 on desmume 0.9.7 x86. Since i altered the setting, the results are magnificent. No lag, no freeze, all smooth, it's perfect. Well, perfect until the saving process. You see, whenever i try to save, the game MAY lag for 2/3 seconds and then finishes saving. Look, i know as much as you do, that this isn't a problem, but it is freaking annoying so, can this be resolved or should i just let it go? I can't deny that it pisses me off playing so well but knowing that when i want to save, i'm already expecting some stupid crash. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thank you and Happy New Year.

testmachine

Old member
In case you didn't know the latest build of DeSmuMe is 0.9.8
-Download-
And there were a lot of bugfixes and tweaks done to the latest build.So download it and post the results back.
Edit:Use the quicksaving option on DeSmuMe for the time being! (Pressing Shift+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 will save the game and pressing only a number will quickload the game without restarting it.)

Last edited:

Clop6max

Ok, so i downloaded the latest version(i forgot to say i had already downloaded other 0.9.8 version(64x) ) and in the 2 the results appear the same. The game with 5 min of gameplay will probably crash during 2/3/4 seconds during the saving process. I can't deny that this irritates me. By the way, i tried with the current settings and with my settings. Same result, my settings give it more speed. Saveslots, i never used them, always disabled them at the beggining, and it is something i would like not to use. Could this be a ROM problem? I don't even know if my settings are the best ones. Here they are:
Softrasterizer- All boxes unchecked except Enable textures;
Interpolation to None;
Emulation Settings- unchecked box "Enable Advanced Bus~Level Timing;
Frame Skip -3
No BIOS image used;

testmachine

Old member
Hmmmm...
Well i played through Pokemon Black And White,haven't tried B & W 2 yet.But the first B&W worked perfectly.
You can try this:
Go to view->magnification filter and set the filter to normal.
go to sound settings and then turn on Dual SPU Synch and on the interpolation box put "None (Fastest,sounds bad)" and press OK
Go to display method and put DirectDraw SW (This will reduce quality but increase performance)
If you have any Cheats (Action Replay) enabled go to "Emulation->Cheats and disable".Cheats are known to crash games especially Action replay cheats
Go to config->frameskipping and check 2 and auto-minimize frame skipping and uncheck limit framerate.
and my final tip is to try playing it on OpenGL (Go to config->3D settinngs and in the renderer box select OpenGL)
Oh and can you post your specs?So i'll be more helpful then.

Last edited:

Clop6max

Intel Pentium P6200 2.13 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce 540M
Driver: 310.70( the latest)
RAM: 4GB

These settings you suggest me are already in use bro, the problem is not the speed of the emulator, is a crash, an annoying one. Btw, the DeSmuME you showed me is not faster than mine, because mine is Speed Hacked( with the Delay Loop Patch and other shit). I know i should let the thing go, but come on, the gaming experience simply isn't the same, i think you understand that. So yeah, if there's anything i can do, go ahead.

Clop6max

Ok, assuming i would use saveslots, is that as good as saving the game in the menu, i mean, is the save file always secure? Also, despite this "problem" getting in my nerve, should i try to find a solution in another emulator or DeSmuME version or simply let it go? sometimes i just feel like erasing the save data because of how annoying the crash is. A gamer would know what i mean.

testmachine

Old member
The best would be to use savestates (Save slots).I had a crash problem while saving on some game (Can't remember which game it was)and i used savestates.The savestates won't simply dissapear and they are 100% secure.If you save a game with saveslots the game loads in the moment you saved.It won't restart your game,it will just load it on the state you saved on.
And you won't find a solution to this problem because it's probably an emulator problem and the developer has yet to fix this.And i understand what you say.I am a true gamer.

Clop6max

Yeah i hear ya, i started using savestates and honestly, i find it better. It's faster and 100% secure. Thanks bro ;)