Best Emulator for Micro Maniacs?

therollerskate

Hello there. I don't know if any of you remember the amazing game Micro Maniacs, but it was absolutely fantastic. Not only was it a really well made little racing game, but unlike almost any other console game, it was 8 player on one console!

I just played this for a bachelor party and surprisingly (or unsuprisingly) everyone loved it!

To play it, I used my old PS2 with 2 PS1 multitaps, an old copy of Micromaniacs, and 8 playstation 1 controllers. All this worked fantastic, but I'm worried that my copy will get scratched, break, or stop working (I did have some issues with the music freaking out).

So, my question is, which emulator supports 8 separate controllers, and would run a PS1 game well enough to support multiple usb inputs?

(BTW, I have video of an 8 player Micromaniacs game with some friends I'll post on YouTube later, stay tuned...)

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I know of a few good emulators, but im gonna have to research a bit more for 8 players, I will post again if I find anything. :)

therollerskate

Darn, well, I guess this is a shout out to anyone out there who knows of an 8 player playstation emulator, or anyone who plans to make one, it would be valuable for Micro Maniacs and its fans :)