VBA trade between emerald and sapphire problem....

TheCount

Hey just trying to trade between roms using 2 open windows on VBA trade links

In link options i have picked single computer,

and when i go to trade in the pokemon centre i get as far as going through the door to trade,

but then get this,

"Communication error... Please check all connections, then turn the power OFF and ON."

on both windows/roms,

I also have un ticked pause when inactive window so i can control both as the same time,

so deos anyone know why exactly i keep getting this option? i also cant seem to connect when i choose wire adpater it gets stuck at the point it says please wait on the sapphire window,

any help would be appreciated!

vhoxha08

since sapphire doesn't support Wi-Fi and VBA has issues with cable trading it will not work properly. You should use no$gba although the configuration is a bit difficult.
Good luck, hope it helps

chinabig

I don't know which version of VisualBoyAdvance you are using. If you are using the latest 1.8.0 beta3, it sure can't be linked. Not only that, most of older version too. You need to use the link version of 1.7.3. Only then will work.
Try again with that version. You can download it at http://gcemu.dcemu.co.uk/visualboy.shtml.

By the way, the Link timeout (in miliseconds) for default is 1000. The wireless adapter is working too but sometimes the game crush.
You better not speed up the emulator(default key=space bar) while linking.It will increase the chance of breaking the link.
The message you receive is quite normal to appear in both windows if one appears. You need to reset the games and do it again. Your settings are all correct.

To be more sure, copy the "vba1.ini" or "vba1" and paste right there.and then change the new file name into "vba2.ini" or "vba2". Doing this will make the two windows have exactly the same settings so you will only need to change the settings in first emulator. The file "vba1" is for the settings of 1st emulator you open and "vba2" is for the 2nd,etc.

But beware, do not load ".SGM" save file if you are playing with in-game save ".sav" or ".sa1", ".sa2", ".sa3", etc.(the same idea with "vba1" and "vba2") because it will crush your in-game save file and overwrite it with the ".SGM" file you loaded.
The save file appear when you save while talking to the girl on the counter is ".sa1", ".sa2", ".sa3", etc.

hope you will be ok. :mellow: