Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1964 emulator doesn't work.

Default Re: 1964 emulator doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by stebbinsd View Post
    I don't use the C-buttons to move. I use the C-buttons to use the camera.

That's what I'm TRYING to do!

But, why is it, when I map it the D-stick to the control stick, I can't move diagonally?
    First off, there aren't really "camera angles" in a First Person Shooter; do you mean you're using your 'C-Buttons' to look left and right, and up and down? And using your Analog stick to move forward, backward, and strafe left and strafe right?

Quote Originally Posted by Scope32 View Post
    First off, there aren't really "camera angles" in a First Person Shooter; do you mean you're using your 'C-Buttons' to look left and right, and up and down? And using your Analog stick to move forward, backward, and strafe left and strafe right?
    No, I've got it mapped the same way it was mapped in the original game. Control stick moves forward and backward, and turns. C-buttons (or right thumbstick on the 360 gamepad) looks up and down and strafes left and right.

Okay, so then what part the two Analog sticks aren't working? And by D-stick do you mean D-Pad or referencing one of your two analog sticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Scope32 View Post
    Okay, so then what part the two Analog sticks aren't working? And by D-stick do you mean D-Pad or referencing one of your two analog sticks?
    D-Stick is the left analog stick. C-Stick is the right analog stick. Get it? DIRECTION stick? CAMERA stick? In most modern games, that's what those two analog sticks are used for.

I've got the C buttons mapped to the C-Stick, and the control stick mapped to the D-stick (D-stick, as opposed to, D-pad).

The parts of the D-Stick that isn't working is the diagonal movement. If I'm playing Goldeney, I can't move forward, and turn, at the same time. If I'm playing Super Mario 64, I can't go in a diagonal movement, which makes the planks I need to walk over really difficult.

The only way to be able to move diagonally is by mapping the control stick to the D-pad, rather than the D-stick above it. However, the D-pad isn't analog, so it's impossible to... say... sneak up on sleeping pirahana plants, or cross planks with care and patience; I'm constantly just running full steam ahead... and I can only imagine how frustrating it will be when I'm trying to turn on the first mission in the snow stage, where I'm supposed to slide down this hill like a bobsledder. Some of those turns are very sensitive, and with the D-pad, I'm always turning as sharp as possible... I'll almost certainly overdue my turns.

If your controller is an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows, then there may have been an install disc you should've used to set it up. If you don't have one, then do the following since the software to install the Xbox Controller is found on their website. This will be a bit tricky since apparently I can't put a URL in this post:

1. Google "Microsoft Hardware" and click the first link
    2. Click "Download Software"
    3. Click the link "Software for Microsoft game controllers, and gaming mice and keyboard products."
    4. Now put in the four bits of information they ask for and click 'Go'
    5. The next page should have a link to the program you need to download. This program should be more helpful in setting up your specific controller as opposed to the regular calibration system within Windows.

Unplug your Xbox controller before you run the software. It should (theoretically) tell you everything you need to do in order to get the controller working and calibrated.
    Last edited by Scope32; April 18th, 2011 at 21:30.

Thread Information