Epsxe, Game Clock Doesn't Work/Stuck (SO2)

pijiu4u

Hi, I'm currently playing Star Ocean: The Second Story on epsxe. Funny thing is, the game clock doesn't seem to work. This creates a very big problem because I save state'd in a timed area minigame (the minigame lasts 5:00 minutes, you can not exit until the 5 minutes have elapsed). But since the game clock does not work at all, I am stuck in that minigame forever!

Does anyone know a solution to fixing the game clock, making it work, as that is the only way I can see to exit that area. Or any other suggestions?

BTW, for those who are familiar with Star Ocean 2, the area I am talking about is the cooking competition in Fun City (5 minute timed rounds). Has this happened to anyone else before?

Thank you guys in advance.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
the game clock doesn't seem to work.
Yup same with zelda. Use 1964 and the clock will work. 1964 is basically the same emulator as pj64. Just match up all the plug-ins and rename the save state extensions so they can be loaded. BACK UP YOUR SAVE STATES. I think game saves will also load in 1964.

pijiu4u

ulaoulao, thanks for your reply, but isn't 1964 a N64 emulator? The game I'm asking about is for PS1 (I'm using ePSXe). :( Do you happen to know a similar emulator for PS1 with a working internal clock?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Duhh I dont know why I was thinking pj64. I guess just the fact it had that clock issue. I'd suggest the same with another psx emulator. Try the "psx" emulator. I would think save game data could be converted.