Problem with N64 emulation

Claypoolkid6

I have two problems.

My brother and I both bought two different USB to N64 adapters and his is a dual n64 port, and mine has a playstation 2 controller input and an n64 controller input.

It works with my brothers, but on games like Super Smash bros, we can't run or do power hits. How do I remedy this?

When I plug in my USB/N64 controller, the thing freaks out and acts like I'm pressing buttons everywhere. I cannot configure the controls at all.

Please help!!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Yes, the freaking out issue is a know thing. Those n64 adapters are not the best. the only fix is to plug in the play station controller at the same time. Stupid I know... Otherwise you need to try another n6 4 controller. The freaking out only happens with some n64 controllers on that adapter. The other issues sounds like its not calibrated thus you can not go full right or left. Go in to the control panel and controller and on to advanced. You will see calibrate there. If you want an adapter that works see my sig.

Last edited:

Claypoolkid6

I just tried plugging in a playstation 2 controller, and no good. =/
I even tried switching and configuring to play with the playstation controller, and still no good.

As far as calibrating, I don't see a control panel anywhere. I am working on project 64 1.6, there are three tabs, file, options, and help, and none of them have control panel.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
hmm, I never tried a ps2, I know the controller are vary similar. Its possible the trick only works with ps1 controller ( only a guess ).
I even tried switching and configuring to play with the play station controller, and still no good.
- Wait, I think we have the fixes backwards. The freaking out issue will only happen to a n64 controller, the fix is to plug in a psx controller. Is that the issue we are talking about? If your psx freaks out, that is a new one to me.

The SSB issue is the calibrate fix, and the control panel is in your os not the emulator. in Xp, go to control panel and then game controllers.

Last edited: