Is there any way to fully emulate PSP games for PC?

netarangi

I've aquired the Ratchet and Clank:Size Matters.cso file and really want to play this game.

Is there a way to emulate this so I can play?

shaka

Hot!
I don't know why nobody has made a PSP Emulator for PC yet. I mean there is already a PS2 Emulator, but why not a PSP Emulator? Mmmmmm weird.:glare:

Scott274

How about Final Fantasy 1 PSP, it has better graphics than the other remakes I think. Can any emulator run FF1 yet?

And another thing I read is that Sony has it's own emulator which can run all psp game very efficiently. But the emulator is apparently only available to game developers and such. Isn't there any leaked download for this emulator on the net?

Scott274

I must have misunderstood then, it's been a long time since I searched around on these matters. Quite surprising that nobody has made a working psp emulator yet after all this time. Guess it's quite difficult or not many people are interested in developing one.

At this time the only real working Sony PSP emulator for playing PSP UMD ISO files is the one made by Sony itself. Surprised? Don't be - it was made purely for game development purposes and is distributed together with the Software Development Package. The problem is - to download or use it you have to be one of the Sony licensed game developers and have a contract with them. So far nobody has broken the rules of contract and released the emulator to the public but who knows - miracles happen.
The emulator that we have seen in SONY press releases and used in press conferences runs on PC and can play games (psp roms) at full speed. Plus it has debugger that PSP devers couldn't live without.

Source:
Code:
http://www.psp-emulator.com/