tgb dual netplay

anthony1986

is this only for LAN play or can u actually connect to your friend over the internet ( or even worldwide / countrywide) as there not conencting to your private router address. cause i noticed you cant change your server IP is for me is a 192.168.1.102 IP which is your computers LAN ip, not your internet ip. this is getting frustrating... =(

tom

is this only for LAN play or can u actually connect to your friend over the internet ( or even worldwide / countrywide) as there not conencting to your private router address. cause i noticed you cant change your server IP is for me is a 192.168.1.102 IP which is your computers LAN ip, not your internet ip. this is getting frustrating... =(

Hi Anthony, guess this wouldve been more useful 6 years ago ---- netplay will let you battle someone with the same rom and emulator over the internet. You need to use the program Hamachi to set up a private server or else use port forwarding. Once they have joined your private server in Hamachi (they need it too), open TGB dual > netplay > select the same rom for you and your opponent, then one of you select "client" and copy their IPv4 (right click on their name in Hamachi > copy IPv4). Then back in netplay, the one who is server should click connect, then the client. Connection should take a few seconds. Lag is common. I have been able to use Hamachi & TGB dual to battle a friend with reasonable success. The only problem is move selection can be mixed up but I am still new to this stuff so I'm trying to find a solution to it.