Emulator Problem: BLACK SCREEN ON OCARINA OF TIME

charblaze

Ok so I've been playing Ocarina of Time for a while now with no problems (I beat the water temple and stuff and was about to go under the well) on p64 with NO PROBLEMS.

Now when I went into the windmill to play the song of storms, the screen turned BLACK. I tried restarting with the save state but I save stated to the black screen! AGH! What do I do? I can't start the game all over, I don't like it THAT much. Does anyone have a save or something?? Or how can I fix this??

Ryuzo

You must be using the European version of the game. See if your ROM shows up as The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (E) [!] or something similar.

This is a known issue and even will happen even if you play the European port on the original N64 hardware. There are two possible ways to get around this.

(1) Play the song of the storms during day time. I've done that and it works perfectly. Use the Sun's Song to change it to daytime in Kakariko if it's night.

(2) Get the US edition (The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (U) [!]). This glitch is non-existant in the US version.