Wonderswan emulator help

Talos

I downloaded the oswan emulator from this site and when i opened it says create surface failed, the emulator opens but when i click file to load a rom it says backbuffer error and i cant play. If someone knows how to fix it the help is appreciated thanks.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What are your operating system and computer specs? (especially graphics card and dx version).

Jale

DirectX 11 is not supported by Windows XP. Revert back to DirectX 9.0c August 2009.

Talos

Ok i already did that but it didnt work, the weird thing is all the other emulators run perfectly in my computer, the visual boy advance the kawaks and the snes one.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Well from the description it seems like something in the emulator doesn't like something to do with your video configuration or drivers. Do you have your desktop running at a really high res or weird refresh rate?. Sounds more likely that it just doesn't like your hardware for some reason.

Talos

sigh Does anyone know about other wonderswan emulator that can switch to vertical screen, have sound and saving state option? because the only one i have found is the oswan, the other ones either dont have sound or cant switch to vertical screen and i need that for the game i want to play.

Talos

It looks like my computer doesnt run emulators that emulate old games because i dowloaded the neogeo pocket color emulator and it doesnt work it says: an error has occured initialising DirectDraw.

Any ideas?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Run with older graphics drivers and Direct-X 9.0c. Your running a new card, probably with new drivers and what seems like a broken Direct-X install.

Talos

Thanks i already found what was the problem, i needed a driver called video controller (VGA compatible).