help me

joujoujou

i have a problem.i bought a game called MTV SPORTS:tjLavin`s ultimate bmx(PAL) for ps 1.now I want play it on my pc.I tried it with epsxe and title screen runs perfect to the "prsess start "screen appears.the problem is i cant use keyboard with it.i tried to play tekken 3 (same config)and the key board worked fine.i dont know if somebody understood me.bur if you did and know the answer I would like to thank you if you let me know. Thank you

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Have you placed the BIOS file in the BIOS folder of PSXeven?
And tell which BIOS are you running with including the size.

joujoujou

oh didnot have one but now i have two scph7502 and SCPH1001 and only thing it gives me is black screen.whats wrong now,big thanks for your help

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Your welcome. :)
Well there are two things that I would like to say first.
I guess you have two PSX consoles in your house and that is why you have two BIOS files. And please do not proceed further if you have downloaded them from somewhere else; otherwise you are pirating the forum.

1. The Black screen comes cause of a number of reasons; mainly it can be due to your BIOS. Try running the BIOS SCPH1001 from the emulator first. Start the emulator > Click File > Run BIOS. Do you see the black screen now?

2. If you do not see the black screen, then you can proceed. Make sure you are using the right plugins.
I will tell you what I use to get the emulator to play games.
Video - Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.58
Sound - ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
CDROM - CDR WNT /W2K core 1.7.0

3. Now if it still doesn't work, then proceed with these steps below.

a. If it is a game that you have made a back-up of by putting in your computer then you must be having 2 types of files: *.iso OR *.bin and *.cue. Try running each files with the emulator; it must work.

b. If the game has three types of files *.img, *.sub and *.ccd. I suggest you burn the *.ccd file with CloneCD. And try running the emulator with the Run CD option in File.

c. If the game file is *.rar; Extract the file first and then look into step a and b
;)

Last edited:

joujoujou

black screen all over with BIOS SCPH1001 .if i want new plugins do i have to replace or add the plugin files to folder?

joujoujou

did that and black-screen with some graphic plugins , with one it was red and others throwed out of the program and some showed that error sendig thing. can i change the controller input in Epsxe emulator??

Auzern

Emulation Maniac
Hold on. This is getting pointless now. If it is showing black screen with all the graphics then there is a problem with your game image.
Answer me to these two questions properly.
1. What do you see when you Run BIOS?
2. What is your disk image format?

joujoujou

no i am using psxeven and it doesnt run the black screen only comes and thats it.epsxe runs it correctly only problem the keyboard doesnt work with that (works fine with tekken 3).whre i can chance the controller plugin in epsxe?