Say A Word, Son.

debaser

I'll be needing a bit of help. Y'see, i followed the configuration that Guitar put up and noticed a few holes. Always disappointed to see that a few things are always missing, definitely minute details...but details none the less. Good guide though and keep in mind from here on out i've followed all steps thoroughly...this is now a troubleshooting issue.

I'm having the usual crash problem from days old where my System Command comes up after i try to runCDROM or runISO - which i have an .iso loaded in DAEMON tools. I've also tried to runBIOS and yields the same result, "ePSXe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Of course, i choose "Don't Send'' error report and get frustrated.

Extra Steps I've Taken Not Listed In Guitar's Configuration Guide:

1. I had to install a SmartIO.dll driver and put it in my Windows\System folder as well as ePSXe\Plugins folder. Then i had to instal a WNASPI32.dll driver and put it in the Windows/System folder.

2. Was not informed, but downloaded and installed the zlib1.dll driver and put it in ePSXe\Plugins as well as \ePSXe folders.

3. I have downloaded ForceASPI18 and ran each .bat and carried out full instructions and have restarted my CPU twice now.

4. i understand some roms are faulty so i have a coulple and have tested them on other peoples CPU's and my iPod Touch 2.2.1, oddly enough. They worked there.

I can't think if i'm missing too much. I do have a few theories.

-When i try to Test or Configure some item in the Sound and CD-ROM configuration it can crash or even give a message saying it can't find my D:/ Drive (Where the .ISO is loaded.) I'm thinking maybe i'm not that good at configuring what i need so i've included my system specs below. It seems that most to all Video plugins test and configure perfectly. Sound seems to fly right, but i don't think i've got my CD-ROM pinned.
-I could be missing essential drivers all around for my CPU as i have recently reformatted and did the best i could to update through windows updated. If this could be an issue, could someone give me a list of all Drivers (.dll) ePSXe uses?
-I'm using a compaq/toshiba/hp made Laptop and i've dropped it in the past, could my DVD Drive really be faulty ( Even though it usually works to write DVD's and read discs)

Basically that's all i've got. I'm going to work for a bit and it would be awesome to come home to an answer. I don't really expect anyone to spend a lot of time on this, i've just been reading on the site for a few nights now and been working solo on this emulation project for a few weeks now. I just really wanna nail this, it's been bothering me as i've been fairly adept at using/hacking other emulators. I love our subculture as i recently jailbroke my iPOD touch, and i know givin patience and trial i can figure this out with your help. I am a n00b but i'm not a complete idiot. Just can't think of much else.

SPECS:

Using ePSXe v1.6.0
Trying to play FFTactics on .iso or Xenogears on .cue/.bin.
*I also own these games and others i could use as straight CD-ROM usage to test.

"Toshiba - Compaq (hewlett-packard)
Presario v2000
Microsoft XP Pro 32-Bit, Serv Pack 3
AMD Turion 64 Mobile ML-30
1.6 GHz
640mb RAM

Disk Drive: Toshiba MK8025GA5
Video Card: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M
DVD-ROM Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N
Sound Card: Conexant AC-Link Audio