dolphin SVN build 1943, holly....

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Not sure if you guys are watching this, and you may want to add this to a download section, but wow SPEED UP! That last few builds chugged on my 32bit os, 2.4 dual core, 8800 video. Not running 64 bit yet.. But the 1943 build is very playable on my 32 bit os!!

Pick your bit and download.

http://www.dolphin-emu.com/downloads.php

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The latest version I've tried was 1.03. Don't understand how this version fits in. It's a subversion build, but how to relate it to 1.03?

Anyway, i agree it seems much faster although I haven't even begun tinkering with the settings yet. I got 25-50 fps in Crazy Taxi and it's actually more playable than the Dreamcast version on my computer (but I have som graphic glitches to try to sort out on that one):

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+
8500GT 512MB
2GB memory

Going to try Smash brothers melee next.

UPDATE: Tried SSBM now and it runs even better. Fps is between 20 and 60 ingame, and the low 20 was on a very detailed stage with three other characters (including big Bowser) but there are definitely less graphic errors than Crazy Taxi so far so I would definitely say that when it comes to speed a few games might actually be playable depending you have a good computer.

Also, I'm pretty sure I can get a little more out of Dolphin once I get a hang of the settings.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
The latest version I've tried was 1.03. Don't understand how this version fits in. It's a subversion build, but how to relate it to 1.03?
1.03 was release in 06 and is no were near complete as the continued project. the continued project is moving incredibly well and the speed is very nice, as being my point. That last svn build I tried could not play well on my system, but the latest build does. I'm just amazed how well the community has done. But I'm a bit acentric in that I dont use emulators to play free game, rather enjoy the watching them grow. The talents to do such a thing is very appreciable form my point of view.

Oh btw, if you figure out how to save settings let me know, I have to reconfigure each time I open dolphin. And if you have a dual core AMD or intel check that option ;) Twice as fast.. You dont need a 64 bit os, but it helps a lot. I also have notices open GL preforms better, and read other feel the same. I leave the settings alone..

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Got Mario Sunshine working too last night. Without sound in-game though.
But still, it's quite impressive. But perhaps I should point out to the noobs who might be reading this that this doesn't mean that it's even near, oh lets say, PSX emulation. So don't get your hopes up too much. ;)

Jale

I tried Twilight Princess in both GameCube and Wii versions. I got a playable speed of about 29 FPS (15 FPS in some parts), no sound and random crashes -.-

Wii version is unplayable since there's no Nunchuk emulation though.