Windowed mode problem with Project 64

Assassin

When I'm in windowed mode and running a ROM, I CANNOT select any menus or anything in the actual project 64 window, nor can I click anything on my desktop at all. I want to sync my audio while in game so it will stop popping, but I can't even click on the "options" tab at the top. Can anybody possibly know what's causing this issue? This is getting frustrating. I'm usually good at figuring this stuff out.

Megaket Genevus

Insane Dude
Have you tried pressing the ALT button while the emulator is open? Usually, it should bring up the tabs. If it do, try to set it to Window mode from the Options tab.

Also, if it do not, it could be a problem with displaying the tabs. If you press Alt, and then O, try pressing down a little, and then enter. If it worked, you'll have one of the options opened up before you. If it didnt, tell me and I'll download the Project 64 thing and try for myself.

This is the longest amount I've written AND being serious. A rarity, it is.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Sounds like PJ64 is hogging up all your system's resources. Can you open window's start menu? Try to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and go to the performance tab and monitor the CPU usage.

What are your system specs?

Assassin

Sounds like PJ64 is hogging up all your system's resources. Can you open window's start menu? Try to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and go to the performance tab and monitor the CPU usage.

What are your system specs?

nvidia 680i SLi mobo
pentium 2.14 core 2 duo overclocked to 3.0 gigs
2gb of DDR2 PC5300 dual channel ram
nvidia 7600GT 256mb vid card (not great but not total crap)
soundblaster fatality 7.1 sound card

I figured my system should be able to handle it pretty well. I will def check processing when i get home.

MegaKet: Thx for ya post. Basically, the only thing I can do to be able to access my desktop again is to ALT+F4 and close P64 out. I can ALT+TAB to other windows like firefox and stuff, I just cannot click on anything anywhere. Someone suggested it may be something in the nrage video plugin that locks the mouse while the controller is enabled. I'm going to check that out as well.

Last edited:

Megaket Genevus

Insane Dude
Hmmm... Sounds like a bother. My computer is not as good as yours, but I don't have any problem, so I don't think it is the system. Also, if you have a controller connected, it usually blocks the mouse to avoid gaming problems.

Megaket Genevus

Insane Dude
How do you figure that? :confused:

Since he had all this:
nvidia 680i SLi mobo
pentium 2.14 core 2 duo overclocked to 3.0 gigs
2gb of DDR2 PC5300 dual channel ram
nvidia 7600GT 256mb vid card (not great but not total crap)
soundblaster fatality 7.1 sound card

And I do know that my stuff is not any better, actually pretty much worse, then it is not the system, unless he got some virus or alike.

Eh, in what circumstances would that be? :confused:

It do usually happen when pluggin' in a joypad or alike, due to computer main configurations, it might go following them, so I believe that the controller plugged in goes after the main configurations for any gaming pad or alike connected to the computer.

My brains r melting.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
And I do know that my stuff is not any better, actually pretty much worse, then it is not the system, unless he got some virus or alike.

I still say his problem lies within his system, not performance wise though.

It do usually happen when pluggin' in a joypad or alike, due to computer main configurations

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but plugging in a gamepad should not make your mouse unusable, if it does then something is wrong.

Assassin

ok looks like the problem is that when running p64 the mouse is disabled. i can Alt+F O or whatever corresponding letter i need to get to the menus at the top. I guess this is default with P64. either way, i was able to select the option I wanted and I now have no more audio popping. :D

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Definitely must be something with your system. I never heard of anything like it. Good to hear you found some solution at least.

Megaket Genevus

Insane Dude
Now, do the timewarp and try to see where it went wrong to begin with to avoid it upcoming again. Or enjoy it the most you can right on. Your call.

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
put your hands on your hips
and bend your knees in time
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane
Let's do the Timewarp again
Let's do the Timewarp again

k3v

Hey, dont mean too bump the thread but i found this started happening when i switched to nrage 1.83 controller plugin. Switching back to default (jacobs input for example) and it goes away.

Something must override mouse clicks, because just like OP said - You cant click on anything within the emulator window. Though its fine before you load a ROM - Once a games loaded, mouse clickage fails.

Its not a huge problem, more of an annoyance.