Playing PSX games with PSX2?

DarkPhoenix

I'm trying to play a PSX game using the PSX2 emulator and it doesn't work. Is it possible to do this, if so how do I do it? Thanks.

*Edit* Nevermind, just read that it doesn't play PSX games. Sorry about the post.

Last edited:

Mystic

Banned
Why would you want to anyway? The psx emus are much more developed then the ps2 emus.

DarkPhoenix

Well I was going to use epsxe to play Tales of Destiny 2, but the cursor would jump 2 spaces whenever I pressed a directional key in any direction, as I had described in my other topic. I didn't know how to fix it, so I wanted to see if I could use a PS2 emulator. I just tried psx instead of epsxe and it works fine on there.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
PCSX2 don't support PSX games at the moment and probably won't for a long time. Their first priority is (as it should be) getting PS2 games to run.

As for ToD2 you could either try another pad plugin, another PSX emulator or possibly a previous version of ePSXe. I read somewhere that other problems with controllers and this game was solved by trying a previous version of ePSXe. But that could just as easily have been dure to the fact that there was another plugin in the previous version.

Mystic

Banned
There was a spammer spaming stuff like "Is this the connecter you were looking for Cindy." then it had a link to a keylogger.