Can't get Vba to start!

msw191

Hey.

I downloaded Virtual Boy Advanced, and i also downloaded a pokemon ruby game. when ever i try to run it with Vba, it just has a white screen and has some random percent number at the top.

What am i doing wrong, and how can i sort it out?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Think I came across this before... but go to: OPTIONS - EMULATOR - SAVE TYPE: and change "Flash 64k" to "Flash 128k", either doing so with the emulation running or before loading. Seems to "trigger" the game to run, though not quite sure... Let me know if it works. ;)

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Never mind: downloaded - taking I only play Metroid II and LoZ: Link's Awakening via VBA... ;)

Anyhow, ran into the exact same problem, but maybe explain the fix a bit better... Run the ROM (with 'Save Type" to "Flask 64k") then when it loads while displaying the blank "white screen", switch "Save Type" to "Flask 128k", then finally "reset" the emulator. Now once it re-loads, should show a "green foresty" scene instead of the "white". Not sure why you have to do this, but seeming to be a problem with the "battery" upon loading, hence needing of tricking it...

Let me know if it worked. ;)