Pokemon Emerald VBA Gameshark Problems

MightyHalo

Hello, I did a search on this site, and a search on the web. I can't get any Wild Pokemon Modifier's to work. I have tried everything I could think of. Here are the codes I am using.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/921905/38469

I have managed to get a code from a cheat website that modified a market to allow me to buy Masterballs for free, and some warp codes to get me to birth Island. I should also mention I am using VBA 1.8.0 NOT THE BETA! Furthermore, I am also using a special version of Pokemon Emerald dubbed, "Pokemon Emerald 386". It is a rom that uses the same M code as the original. All the other codes like the M code and DMA turn off code are the same as the original, and like I said, the Masterball code worked as well. I do not understand what I am doing wrong. The only thing I do not understand is the whole, "Patch Slot" concept. I tried reading the little information paragraph about "Patch Slots" in the guide (See above link), but it didn't make much sense to me.

To put it short and sweet, If anyone could help me with these getting these codes to work, I would be very happy and greatfull! Thanks again.