Help me identify 2 games

szenhidrat

Hi! I'm new on the forum so thanks for the chance :).

When i was a kid i used to play arcade games and i loved them. When i first get mame i thought i'll collect all my favourites but can't remeber 2 titels. Please helm me identify:

1, This was my all time favourite. It was a fantasy platform action game. You played a soldier and ... well the usualy stuff ... kill everything that moves ;). It was a platform but different from f.e. The punisher, 'cause u could only move backward and forward like in super mario. You could pick up warious weapons like swords, claws(i used to love them xD) etc. I only remeber sekeletons as enemys but i'm sure there were a lot of other creatures. Oh and sometimes you could smash the floor for bounses(like weapons). And they were displayed as icons in little glovin' cubes.

2, It was a game like Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Punisher etc.(go 'n fight lol), but i don't think it was from Capcom. U could choose form 3 -if i remember correctly- characters and they could change into werewolf, wherebear and so on when pickin up various statues.

Thanks for help and sory if my english was good as it should be.

szenhidrat

1. Sounds like Black Tiger.

2. Sounds like Altered Beast.

Thanks, but nope, non of them is the right game. I know both games. I might add, that in the second ther was a stage, similar than isn street fighter smash the car in time, but in that game u had to smash a big statue for bonuses. You began with a normal human( one used a sword, one a big piece of wood, cant remeber the third ) and when an eemy dropped a little statue and u picked it up then you could turn into monster. The sword guy into a fast werewolf, the wood--carrier into a slow but strong werebear.

Last edited:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
Ya I was thinking Altered Beast. Diablo was the only game I knew you could change in to a "WhereBear", but that's not a 2d scroller. Do you rememebr what platform it was on, or only in the arcade?