problems with my joypad

bremer89

I just bought a joypad and a snes super retroport.
xp installed it immediately and it said its working perfectly.

I went in to controlpanel/gamepads and there it was. SNES joypad. Status: OK
i tested it and all buttons worked.

But the joypad does not work with either zsnes or snes9x. Ive tested eveything, but it just wont work. What seems to be the problem?

Ive also instsalled Joy2Key and tried to configure the buttons. That did work, but it wont save, and it seems that i have to change buttons if i change game.

Someone know how to fix this? Or maybe got a zsnes config or Joy2Key config?

Thanks

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Had a similar problem, though a few ideals since I don't know the actual deal with your "joypad" since it could be anything...

Not sure of what "controller ID" your SNES pad is "assigned" to, but if it's ID 1, try going in MISC - GUI OPTIONS: and check the "Use Joypad 1" box in ZSNES, another thing, when you set the joypad's buttons, don't click the "set" button, otherwise it actually "resets" it, instead: set the buttons and the click the exit command (the game pad input screen that is...). Another ideal: go into the ZSNES & SNES9x folders and make sure the ".dat" & ".cfg" files are not marked as "Hidden", though gain access by "right" clicking the "properties" option for the files... This is a problem for Windows 2000, as hidden files are sometimes "non-existent". Other then this, not sure what else to suggest, but let me know, and I'll see what I can do. ;)

super_intendo

i have just had the same problem and found your post. i have snes9x and i found the controller unresponsive. to set up the controller i went to "config controller" then with the mouse i clicked on the correct snes controller key on the screen, then pressed the corresponding button on the actual snes controller to activate its compatibility- and so on and so on till i'd done the whole pad. did you try that?

it seemed to work for me, it works perfectly now.

hope this helps :)

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
if your emu still wont integrate with your controller (Which is weird)

you can map the controls with your keyboard, and then, map your keyboard to your Controller with jo2key or Xpadder.