MAME32 + metalslug 3 = no no?

Kblader

newby
i downloaded mame32 and did all the procedure and junk but after i started metalslug the graphics were really...:)fuckyou:) up!! is there away to fix this?

spotanjo3

Maybe you try to tune down the bad word. It's not very appreciate way to read, you know.

Did you downloaded mame 32 the version should be 122u5 ?

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I remember having trouble with Metal Slug Roms in the past the way I fixed them was to Redownload new Roms :)

spotanjo3

No, he find rom but is not in .bin things. He had is in .rom things and have trouble find one. He pmed me so I told him google or irc channel.

Kblader

newby
YES! i finally got it! all i needed was a new ROM!, old one was like fudged up or something. thanks everyone for your help! i feel abit stupid lulz

willyham

Parselmouth
sorry for thread digging but i cant seem to get mame 122u5 working...when i extracted everything there was no installer or .exe. so how does it work? sorry if this is noob...is it an update i downloaded meaning i just add it to previous mame folders?

thanks in advance

spotanjo3

You need mame32 because mame is a dos that required command prompty. Maybe you dont know how. Use mame32, ok ? ;)

willyham

Parselmouth
i got a different version, called mameuifx32_0122u6 its awsome and easy to use but it doesnt recognise my dual action control pad... :( ....i just cant seem to make it work argh!

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
i got a different version, called mameuifx32_0122u6 its awsome and easy to use but it doesnt recognise my dual action control pad... :( ....i just cant seem to make it work argh!

First make sure you have 'enable joystick' selected in the control config tab from the main toolbar at the top.

Next go to the mameuifx folder, and look for the 'cfg' folder and delete the file in there called default.cfg (mame will automatically generate a new one when you run it).

Now open a game, hit TAB, then select 'input general' and remap your controls in there, this will remap the controls for all games. Select the control you want to remap, hit 'Return' then push the joystick direction/button you want to map it to. Repeat until all directions and buttons are mapped.

If you've done all that and it still doesn't work then your joypad may not be supported.

Mameuifx is an unofficial enhanced build of MameUI (its not called mame32 anymore).

Hope that helps.