Emulation Acceleration

Bumblebee Tuna

Quit Banging Your Head.
Just curious if there's a way to boost the speed of emulators Epsx or Psxeven? I've used emulation acceleration of Zsnes, it allows you to increase the speed up to 30x. It's great for games like Final Fantasy, and any other level building game. I'd like to do the same with the playstation emulators. For games like Final Fantasy 7, 8 & 9. It sure beats spending 80 hours trying to build your characters. Does anyone know how to do this?

Jale

If your computer is fast enough, disable frame limit. On my low/mid end computer, it boosts from the normal 60 fps to 192 fps (more than 3 times the normal speed).

Bumblebee Tuna

Quit Banging Your Head.
I meant to add that I'd done that. It does seem to work a bit. I've played FF7, and the speed is quite a bit faster, but then when I go to fight, it seems to slow to normal speed.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
first things first, the plugins,

kindly post them here, pc specs too.

make sure you have the latest drivers, plugins, version of the emulators.

pete's opengl seems to work fine with most cards.
(intel p4 1.60 ghz, 640 ram, nvidia mx400, intel integrated audio)

ff7 works smoothly on pre rendered backgrounds and on 3d battles.

you could also try Peop's Software Video Plugin, it's faster with 2d rendering (at least for me)

(use pete's opengl2 for high end cards)

Last edited:

Bumblebee Tuna

Quit Banging Your Head.
These are the main plug-ins that I'm using.

Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.

AMD Athalon 3200 cpu
Ge-Force 7900 GT.

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
the settings you've set on the plugins are also important, have you tried switching to the original opengl? (not 2)

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
I've tried opengl 1 as well

on the plugin Config dialog, press the button at the bottom of the window
"Copy To Clipboard"

paste the contents here.

disable dithering, vsync, smoothing, 2xsal (highres) just to check what the problems are,

try the peops gpu and see if it laggs on 2d and 3d rendering.

also, set your max fps around 59-65 ;) (automatic is ugly!)